Monday, March 26, 2012

Interschool Swimming


Last week I participated in the Interschool Swimming Sports at Howick Intermediate School.  Here is my recount and a picturetrail slideshow I created.  I hope you enjoy it.

As I nervously stepped onto the edge of the pool, I got a quick glance of all the people sitting on the hill, cheering for their schools.  Uneasily, I got into my diving position.  Shivering, I waited for the whistle.  WHEEET!  As everyone stopped talking, I could feel a dozen eyes fall on me.  I shifted uneasily, waiting for the start.

"On your marks," said the judge.  CLAP!  I jumped into the the freezing, cold pool as if there was a rocket strapped to my back.  As soon as I hit the surface, I powerfully swam my way through the water.  I heard lots of people cheering.  I moved through the icy, cold water like a tornado through land.  I finally got to the end.

I was surprised when I came 3rd.  I had expected myself to come last.  I wheezed and gasped until I got my breath back.  It was shame I didn't get into the finals.  But again, I felt very proud of my achievement.

By Julian.

1 comment: